Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rust Hunting in Georgia - May 26, 2011

I once again got too busy to do much in the way of Rust Hunting last week - however while cutting through a neighborhood I spotted an "Estate Sale" sign - this was Thursday May 26. The sale was full of artwork by a local artist but not much in the way of tools - I did spot a Plumb axe and a hand-held miter cutter.


The miter-cutter is an imported "Lowes" (seems to be an art tool supplier as I believe I also own a canvas stretcher with the same mark) and is used mostly for paper mats and the like. I also found a Logan Mat Cutter last week at Goodwill so this will be a good accessory to have when I'm matting up prints and artwork.



The real find at the sale was this nicely handled Plumb axe.


The handle appears to be oak - I love the general feel and haft of this one.


As a bonus, this appears to be the original grind.

-- John

No comments: